This is a Fixate-inspired recipe that I put my own twist on. We found that using 6 peppers worked better for all the filling, adding different spices and swapping out a few ingredients worked best for our family. Feel free to make this your own by putting your own spin on it too!
6 Medium or Large Bell Peppers (color of your choice), cut in half, stem & seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add minced garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add all other ingredients except cheese. Heat through, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Place bell peppers, skin side down in large baking dish.
- Scoop chicken mixture into each pepper half, cover lightly with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender; remove foil.
- Top each pepper evenly with cheese. Bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.