21 Day Fix Baked Ziti
Makes 6-8 servings (1 Cup each)
Per serving you can count, 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue
- 1/2 box Whole Wheat or Quinoa Pasta
- 3/4 cup Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 can (15 oz) All-Natural Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) All-Natural Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Turkey or Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Italian Cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder (or 3 cloves Garlic, minced)
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder (or 1 sm Onion, chopped & sauteed)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook the pasta according to the box.
3. While pasta is cooking, brown the ground turkey or beef in a deep skillet (one with higher sides). After it’s done cooking, drain the grease and then put it in a strainer. Run hot water over it to rinse off any excess fat.
4. Return the meat to the pan.
5. Add Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Honey & Seasonings. Heat until bubbling, then reduce heat to Simmer. Stirring every minute.
6. Add Ricotta Cheese, stir to combine.
7. Add Pasta, stir to combine.
8. Put mixture into casserole dish (9×13 or 8×8). Top with Italian Cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese has melted & bubbly.
9. ENJOY!!! 🙂