This Chicken Stir Fry recipe was a BIG hit with my whole family! My daughter keeps on asking for it ever since we had it, so it will definitely become part of our normal supper menu. I make grilled chicken breasts in bulk every week, so I just used the leftover chicken after I was done making my husband’s wraps and breakfasts for the week.
I marinade my chicken breasts in either Olive Garden Italian Dressing or (which is the case this week) a 1:1 ratio of Olivada’s Honey Ginger Vinegar and Walnut Infused Olive Oil. You can get the Olivada vinegars and olive oils at http://www.olivadaoils.com. #supportsmallbusiness! 🙂
5 Cups Grilled Chicken Breasts, chopped
2 Cups Red Bell Peppers, cut into strips
4 Cups Zucchini, cut into 3/4″ cubes
1 1/4 Cups Yellow Onion, diced
For the sauce:
1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Walnut Infused Olive Oil (or you could use Sesame Oil)
1 1/2 Tbsp Honey Ginger Vinegar (or you could use white vinegar, rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar)
1 tsp Freshly Grated Ginger (or 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger)
1 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1. Put Soy Sauce, Olive Oil, Vinegar and Ginger into a large non-stick skillet and heat over Med to Med-High heat.
2. Add Flour and Brown Sugar and stir together.
3. Add veggies and sauté, stirring frequently to make sure the sauce isn’t sticking. (Add more oil if you need to make it more saucy.)
4. After your veggies are done to your liking, add Chicken and heat through.
5. You can serve this over rice, quinoa or just in a bowl if you’re looking to cut back on starchy carbs.
6. Enjoy! 🙂
Feel free to tweak the ingredients to your liking – it’s a very flexible recipe!
If you’re looking for more help with family friendly meals, fitness and overall nutrition, feel free to send me a message! My email address is email@example.com and I would LOVE to help you feel great about yourself!
~ Lacey Busse ~
Connect with me!