Grilled Stuffed Burritos have always been one of my favorite things from Taco Bell, so I figured I would try to create my own! Now…I’ve been on this healthy eating train for quite a while, so *I* think they’re really good and so does my whole family, but feel free to tweak the ingredients so that you and your family love them too!
1 lb Lean Ground Hamburger or Turkey
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
Taco Seasoning (you can make your own or use store bought – just make sure it’s very low in sodium)
1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 C Refried Beans (or you can do mashed black beans)
1 C Brown Rice, cooked (after you cook it, it comes to about 2 C)
1 C Shredded Cheese
5 Burrito sized Tortilla Shells (whole wheat is the healthier option but you can use flour tortillas if you’d like)
Cilantro, chopped, optional
1. Cook the meat and onions until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent.
2. Cook the rice according to the package.
3. Preheat a griddle to 300-350 degrees.
4. Lay out tortilla shells on the counter. Divide the following ingredients evenly between the 5 shells and layer them on top of each other. Plain greek yogurt, refried beans, cheese, meat and onions and rice – keeping all of the ingredients close to the center of the tortilla shell and forming them into a rectangle.
5. Fold all 4 sides of the shell toward the center and put them seam side down on the griddle.
6. Flip after they have become a little brown on the bottom.
7. You can garnish with cilantro, salsa and more plain greek yogurt if you’d like.
8. Serve hot and ENJOY!
~ Lacey Busse ~
Health & Fitness Coach